This week truly started Ironman training. The winter's focus was running and simply keeping a decent swim and bike base. But, now, I feel that the upcoming race is looming over me. It's hard to imagine, given how chilly it's been, that my first triathlon of the season is about 1-1/2 months away!
Anyway, today was a 6 mile run. It was a fabulous day for a run-- sunny, about mid-40s, except a wee too windy. Whew! I think there was a headwind both ways! I cannot complain, overall though, given the otherwise decent weather.
Four Mile Run is a stream near me, bordering Arlington County & the City of Alexandria. I sort of take ownership of the stream, given the location. I participate in stream cleanups for it as often as schedule permits. And of course, being a water resources engineer, I'm on top of the hydraulics and hydrology of the stream and the revitalization project for it. (I'm showing my geeky side.) My stream.
Time for a spinach omelet.
Saturday, March 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment