Saturday, February 16, 2008

Myrtle Beach 1/2 Marathon

Well,

I wasn't quite sure what to expect for this race. Slammed at work, limited sleep... I figured my race wasn't going to be top notch anyway, so I enjoyed beer at the race expo and wine with dinner beforehand.

And somehow I had a really good race! It wasn't my fastest time, but certainly up there as one of my best! To top it off, I negative split the race! (In other words, I ran the second half faster than the first half.) I've never negative split a race! Maybe in a 5K once? Anyway, they didn't truly have the halfway point for the race, so I timed the first 6 miles (56:28) and then the second 6 miles (55:51). My overall finish was 2:03 flat, according to the watch.

Many people on Team Z had a great race too, between the half and the full.

Don't you love Carol's Accelerade Mustache?



1 comment:

ironhelen said...

Lightening FAST!!!!!!!