Saturday, February 09, 2008

Difficult Run?

For an easy training weekend (well, taper for next weekend at Myrtle Beach), I thought of a "difficult run"... as in the stream in Fairfax County, Difficult Run.

Difficult Run is the largest watershed in Fairfax County, with some fabulous hiking/trail running/mountain biking/horse riding adjacent to the stream. I was long overdue for a visit. I am not sure how the stream quite got its name, but it seems that going down the stream in a kayak would be quite difficult. It's rather rocky and steep in some sections, sort of a microcosm of Great Falls along the Potomac River, which is nearby. In fact, the Difficult Run trail connects to the Great Falls Park trails. And that's what I did today. A trail run. I took it easy, not wanting to fry the legs and just took some time to enjoy the scenery.

Tomorrow is slated for a 25-mile ride. Hmmm. Seems that the weather is not going to quite cooperate. The wind chill is going to be potentially unbearable. I think it'll be a good opportunity "train on the Ironman Lake Placid" course again, as ride the trainer, watching the training DVD.

No comments: