Sunday, March 02, 2008

Take a Ride on the Dickerson Express


It's time to start ramping up that mileage in the bike saddle! We had the option today to either ride 39 or 50, and I'm glad we went with the longer distance.

I recalled the last time I rode from Riley's Lock on the Dickerson Express, I crashed. Perhaps it was a different route we took today, as I do not seem to recall passing the same spot where I crashed.

Anyway, we did the Dickerson Express loop, and added a loop to Sugarloaf Mountain to make it 50. I haven't been past Sugarloaf Mountain on my bike since EARLY Team Z days, over 2 years ago. That day a couple people rode their bikes up the mountain (about 1-1/2 mile ascent), but I passed. When we arrived at the foot of the mountain today, I was with Carol Camel & PamZee. We arrived just as Kim had descent. I tried to convince the Camel & PamZee to summit with me, but they convinced me otherwise. Oh well. Next time.

And also maybe next time I'll stop at the Sugarloaf Winery. (Ok, post ride.)

Post ride, I headed up to Gaithersburg (I was way out of my territory) to Noodles restaurant (which was fabulous post-ride food) with Collin, Kari, Matt W., Kim, Frank, Chris Wren, Dave & Kathy Lett, and Tim. And then to Starbucks for a venti skim white chocolate mocha. Score!

Ride distances will ramp up fast. By the end of March, we'll be up to 70 miles....

No comments: