Yeah! Recovery weekend. Can't think of a better way to spend it than going on a ride from Middleburg with Jenn, Helen, and Alisa! Yeah! And lo' and behold, Middleburg just happens to be in Virginia Wine Country.
Didn't someone say that wine is the best recovery drink? I think I read that somewhere... hmmm...
We first stopped at Piedmont Vineyards and sampled 4 wines. We were luckily by ourselves at the tasting bar. Now, upon arrival, I noted the dessert wine and mentioned to Helen that dessert wine is a somewhat of a misleading misnomer, as dessert wines are actually classified by their alcohol content, not because they are sweet or for dessert. Wines that have more than 14% alcohol are classified as dessert wines. Yes, they are USUALLY sweet and often enjoyed after dinner. However, a dry sherry IS classified as a dessert wine, but it's dry and generally an apertif. Anyway, the guy behind the bar (who I later discovered was the winemaker) said I was wrong and that he's been making wine for 17 years and knows his stuff. Naturally, I verified my statement when I returned home this evening and I AM RIGHT!
Needless to say, they all gave me a hard time as they felt that the winemaker was good looking and hey... a WINE MAKER after all and seemingly single. And on top of all that, seemed to be amused by our conversation. So, for those reasons, I should have agreed with anything he said. Humph.
Next stop was Chrysalis Vineyards known for reintroducing the Norton Grape. On top of that, I LOVE their Viognier. We did the super tasting there, flirting with the sommelier and his assistant. Tried 11 wines. Whew! I could have certainly bought more, but I guess $80 of wine in one day is enough.
Next stop was Chrysalis Vineyards known for reintroducing the Norton Grape. On top of that, I LOVE their Viognier. We did the super tasting there, flirting with the sommelier and his assistant. Tried 11 wines. Whew! I could have certainly bought more, but I guess $80 of wine in one day is enough.
Come on over and share some with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment