Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Giddy Up!

All right. I NOW feel like it's truly Ironman training time. For the month post Myrtle Beach, our workouts were rather low key. No speed work, no increase in mileage, sort of just maintaining a base. However, it's now ON. Having our Ironman 2008 Team Z Get Together Friday night sort of helped too to get us all in the mind set. (Ok, so we were drinking beers and eating pizza, but we were there all discussing the intensity in training and the race itself, right?)

I'm in Cary, NC (near Raleigh) at the moment, so it's a little challenging to get into the groove. I'm getting workouts done at the hotel gym. The workouts are not as ideal as running on familiar roads and using my bike, but better than nothing. I also needed to take off a week from swimming to let a minor shoulder injury heal.

I'll be back Thursday evening to meet the Team for Thursday night spin 'n' swim.

Giddy Up!

No comments: