After Saturday's challenging bike ride and subsequent party for Holly's birthday, it was a bit of a challenge to go running Sunday. I met up with Carol for our 12 miler, which is a good thing to keep us both honest. My shoulders and knees were rather sore from the ride, which I think is largely due to bike fit. So, I'm sucking up the dough and going to Conte's next Friday for a thorough bike fit.
Anyway, our run was long and slow. We meandered from Bethesda, along Rock Creek. Carol put up with a wee too much whining from yours truly. The plan was to run 9 miles, then "race" the next 3 miles, as per the training schedule. Tough, but we do need to get used to running long on tired legs.
Needless to say, our 3 mile "race" did not go according to plan. Carol managed to "race" about 1-1/2 miles; me about 3/4 mile. The end of the run was uphill, which Carol impressively ran up. I tried, but my legs simply would not listen. In addition to massive soreness (no pain, which is good, just very sore muscles), something I ate did not agree with me. My stomach was rather upset.
Consequently, I was quite happy when the workout was over. Carol and I celebrated a successful weekend and went out for pancakes. We had to go on the semi-healthy side though.
Our ride schedule for the remainder of Ironman training was posted today. We've got some toughies ahead with some other twists and turns. Stay tuned...
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment