Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

2008...

I started out my workouts of the year at the Rotary Resolution Run all the way out in Leesburg. Carol Camel has made it a tradition of hers for the last few years and talked me into joining her. I was signed up for the 10K, but with the new knee troubles, I wound up changing to the 4K fun run.

I did ok running, experiencing little knee pain, so that's a good sign. I think my limiting factor more so was the NYE shenanigans from the night before!

I'm going to take off from running and biking the rest of the week and do extra swimming in the hopes that I fully recover rather quickly. My next run will be in New Orleans on Sunday at the 101st annual Jackson Day Race. (fun time!)

So, off to New Orleans. My official reason is business, but everyone knows deep down that I'm really heading there to be in town for the BCS Championship. I'm not going to the game, but it will certainly be fun to be surrounded by fellow LSU Tigers as we take on Ohio St for the title.

GEAUX TIGERS!

No comments: