Sunday, June 29, 2008

Recovery Weekend in the Pacific Northwest

Leisurely Bike Ride to Outskirts of Bellingham

I rode a wee bit along Hwy 542- aka Mt. Baker Hwy. One day I'd like to do the hill climb up the mountain! Funny... cannot see Mt Baker on the road, as it's obstructed by foothills, but had some fabulous views of the Canadian Cascades- including Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains- site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Easy Run Along Whatcom Creek
Had an easy morning run along Whatcom Creek, a wonderful salmon stream and estuary through the center of Bellingham. I love that the lower falls are right in the center of downtown. I've never seen the creek so low! The tide was out, which was part of it. Last time I was in Bellingham, I saw a harbor seal at this location, but none this time.... probably since it's not salmon spawn time.

No comments: