Thursday, July 03, 2008

No Running Until Ironman

UG! So, my knee gave way at mile 17.5 of my long run a couple weeks ago. I've had knee problems for several years now, and for the most part, I manage to keep problems in check.

I have had no sharp pains since then, but a persistant dull ache in my right knee, my problematic knee.

As a result, it was time to see my favorite PT, Kerri. I was Kerri's first Team Z patient a couple years back, but I have not needed to see her in a while. Would you believe she's had 80 Team Z patients?! She is a miracle worker.

Needless to say, my IT band and such on my outer right leg is really tight, pulling my knee cap over. Kerri has me doing some stretches, self-massage (including the foam roller- ug!), and core work. And no running until the race. Missing running is no big deal, as I already have the mileage in me. Ideally, I'd be running, but healing is more important at this point.

No comments: