Actually, not even close. On the marathon training schedule: 18 miles. Actual miles: 7. UG!
Came on down to New Orleans for pleasure for once, versus my regular business trips. Mission: LSU vs Tulane game. It was great to see the Tigers win, although it seemed as though they weren't focused on the game, especially for the first half. Interesting to see that 3 other teams in the top 5 lost this weekend: WVU, Florida, & OU. Hmmm....
Anyway, back to the run. So, when to run 18 miles? With an early (11am) kickoff for the LSU game, I knew it was going to be impossible to run beforehand. Could run Sunday morning, but flight home departs at 11:20. ??? I decided to behave (i.e. no alcohol) the 2nd half of the game and run afterwards. Big mistake.
I ran from the Irish Channel, along Magazine St, into the French Quarter, and into the Marigny. It was about 5000% humidity outside (thanks to an unexpected afternoon rainshower earlier) and I was beginning to wonder if I was going to projectile vomit my Accelerade. (Lovely picture, I know.) Plus, I borrowed socks from Susannah (forgot my own) and they were beginning to tear up my feet. On top of it all, I pulled something in my butt. Great. Needless to say, I hobbled the 3 miles back to McKinney's.
Now what? I'm slated to run 20 next weekend in Las Vegas. Push back training schedule a week and attempt 16-18 in Las Vegas instead? UG!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment