Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still recovering

Erg! I tried running today for the first time since my bike crash. Alas, I was only able to run for about 10 minutes before it became too uncomfortable. So, I then walked for an hour. At least that was something. I'm too nervous to try biking again quite yet. At least I can swim to get some aerobic exercise. (Walking is nice, but gets too boring and I don't get my heart rate up enough.)

Perhaps it was naive of me to think I could be back running and biking a week later. I'm mostly healed up, but I still have a nasty bruise at my tailbone and some lighter bruises on my butt. It's uncomfortable to apply pressure there; even wearing tight pants is uncomfortable.

I know I should truly consider myself lucky considering how badly the accident looked. And yet, it's still highly frustrating.

At least I can swim. And Carol "Camel" showed me some exercises to work my core muscles that will keep my backside off the floor.

No comments: