Time to get serious again about fitness. I've gained a few pounds, feeling a little sluggish, and looking to get back into the groove.
So, today I'm re-starting Weight Watchers. I've had success in the past. I am hoping I can drop 15-20 pounds over the next 6 months. Doable?
Over the weekend I had a lovely 6-mile run around the National Mall. My lingering foot issue seems to have resolved itself.... hopefully.
Then Sunday I went for a bike ride in Nokesville with the team. It was our first return there since my 122+ mile ride over the summer. My biking distance Sunday paled in comparison. I only went 13 miles, primarily because I was pressed for time. However, I am not quite sure I could have biked too much beyond that. It was my first time on the bike since perhaps October. Ouch! The bike ride felt great nonetheless, and look forward to being a regular at the rides. Lately, my showing at the bike rides have been confined to providing support (known as sag), providing aid as needed from the comforts of my car. I think I surprised people by actually showing up to ride this go-around. A definite sign.
Hiking will also soon return as part of my fitness regimen.
And so will swimming. I swam one day last week also for the first time in a few weeks and I definitely noticed. There was a time where a mile was my absolute minimum, an easy day. This time, I swam about half that and struggled to motivate myself to do so.
But, difficult as it all may be, it's all a step in the right direction.
Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment