On my 35th Birthday, I ran the Philadelphia 1/2 Marathon with Carol (who did the full). I wasn't quite prepared to do a 1/2 marathon, but I approached it with the idea of having fun (it was my birthday after all...), enjoy the scenery around Philly (great race course...), and get a bit of exercise. It was quite chilly out though! I successfully finished the race and perhaps had my slowest half marathon ever (I still haven't checked my finish time).
Afterwards, I enjoyed a grande cup o' Starbucks, read the paper, and chilled out waiting for Carol to finish the full before we made the trek home. It was her wedding anniversary and I had dinner plans with Sacha myself, so we were both on a mission to return home.
After the race, however, I noticed a pain in my right foot. In the center, bottom. I've never had a stress fracture (thankfully), so not sure if it was that or something else. A new pain. I couldn't bear any weight on it. The pain naturally subsided over the next few days, so I forgot about it.
Since then, I've been sticking with the elliptical trainer at the gym, which is pretty much my entire fitness regimen these days. (Sometime I guess I should swim and bike too....)
For the first time since the 1/2 marathon, I ran yesterday with Team Z. I did a lovely 6-miler around the National Mall. Most of them were running longer, so we had an early start. It was beautiful to watch the sunrise over the Mall.
Needless to say, I struggled a bit.... partly due to lack of running, and partly due to recovering from a cold. I got through it. I noticed afterwards that I had the same pain in my right foot. It was not nearly as pronounced as from the half marathon, but definitely there. What is going on. Should I get it checked out?
No comments:
Post a Comment