It was a beautiful fall day to return to Frederick County, Maryland to do the Historic Covered Bridges Tour. Although I've biked through all three previously, since I'm sticking to shorter distances as of late, I was only able to visit the Loy's Station and Utica Bridges this morning.
I drove out there with Susan, but since my ride was starting an hour later, I used the time wisely to do some studying for my PMP Exam .... my latest not-so-favorite pasttime. I am so looking forward to the day the exam is behind me! I'm taking it on November 3rd.
The ride today was a nice break and diversion.
It was an absolutely perfect fall day. The leaves were in full color, the sky a rich blue color, and the sun warmed things up nicely. It got a little breezy toward the end of the ride, though, making things a bit of a challenge fighting a slight headwind returning back to the cars. I biked the return leg with Ari, which made for nice company.
Afterwards, in true Team Z spirit, we had a BBQ... burgers, beer, and brownies... YUM! (Except I didn't partake in the beer this go-around.)
Oh, as for Opposumtown, that's the name of the road where the ride started/finished. I guess it's become an internal joke to sing to the tune of "Funkytown".
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment