Brrr.... yesterday was perhaps the last time I will bike in 20 degree temperatures. I actually only ventured out to Germantown to ride as Carol and I agreed to hang out afterwards. Call it peer pressure. Otherwise, I would have been perfectly happy to get some exercise in the comfort of my gym.
I wore silk long underwear, athletic tights, toe & hand warmers, booties, two technical shirts, a warm technical jacket, and a balaclava. I could barely move and was still cold. It felt like a ton of bricks hitting my face as I began to bike. Yow. I eventually warmed up a wee bit. However, about midway through the 27-mile ride, I got cold again. So did Carol and Carrie (and maybe others?) Why is that? We were still moving and the temperature did not change.
I am sure the scenery was magnificent as they usually are on our rides, but I was so focused on staying warm that I really did not take the time to notice.
I trudged along slowly but surely. Although it was about zero fun, I am glad I went. I am glad to be finally getting into a fitness routine once again. (Ran 8 miles on Saturday too.)
After the ride, Carol and I rewarded ourselves with a fabulous feast of pancakes. Yum!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job, Marlene. It sure was cold!!! Maybe the first part was more hilly and the end more flat. It didn't seem to warm up AT ALL! and I was cooler at the end of the ride, too.
Post a Comment