With an event name like 24 Hours of Booty, how can I resist? One of my teammates, Lindsay, suggested we get a team together.
I've long wanted to do a 24-hour mountain bike race. There's something about the allure and camaraderie of doing a 24-hour race. These mountain bike races consist of either relays or solo riders, trying to log as many loops as possible over a closed course over 24 hours. When not riding, in general they are parties, with campfires, roasting marshmallows, and whatnot. Thus far, I've been unable to organize a team for this, mostly due to logistics with mountain biking. Most of my friends are roadies...
So, enter 24 Hours of Booty. First off, it's not a race. We can be a team of one, or a team of 50. (I think a team of 4 is ideal.) We will ride our ROAD bikes, over a closed 2+ mile course, logging laps to raise money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The event is scheduled for the last weekend of September, in Columbia, MD (partway between Washington DC and Baltimore). The fundraising minimum is $150. I can do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment