Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving in Las Vegas

So, my second trip to Las Vegas in two months... crazy! This time it was a girls' trip with Mom. We were actually rather low key. In fact, over the 4-day weekend, the only night we were out past 10pm was Saturday night. Pretty sad, huh? I guess I'm used to waking at about 4 or 4:30 eastern time, and as a result was up freakishly early in the morning and could not stay awake into the night. So, we made the best of the daytime. We went to Red Rock Canyon on a perfect day (seemed that everyone else thought so too, as it was quite crowded). We ate some fabulous food. We saw Blue Man Group.

A fun weekend, but I'm anxious to return home and back to reality. I write from the Las Vegas airport. Take the red eye tonight, head essentially straight to work Monday morning (after heading home to shower and pick up Socrates from the kennel), work on a project for the Corps (which I'm also doing at the moment), and then fly out Tuesday morning to New Orleans/Baton Rouge until Thursday night. Whew! Crazy.

Exhausted just thinking about it....

No comments: