Ah... the leaves changing, cooler weather, mid-season in college football... MID-OCTOBER!I spent Saturday of last weekend on a bike ride up in Thurmont, MD. Helen, Andrea, and I decided to take the ride leisurely (as to ride like "normal" people), taking in the sights, sounds, and smells (well, many of the smells were not-so-pleasant) in the Maryland countryside. I nearly strangled Helen with a thorn bush, however, as we stopped mid-ride for a much needed pee break. The ride was an easy 26 miles (the rest of the crowd went 33, but for some reason, 33 just seemed so much further than 26 miles, so we stuck with the shorter route).
So, fall Saturdays.... COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I was rather fired up for the Tigers. It was my first opportunity to watch the game with the LSU alumni. I hung out with them for the 1st 3 quarters, and feeling pretty confident, I elected to leave and join the Team Z end-of-season party. I listened to ESPN radio enroute to the party, and my confidence levels were quickly dashed. At least it's been a season of upsets for EVERYONE. Lee Corso (from ESPN) still has LSU-OU as his pick for going to the BCS Championship.
Sunday, Sunday, I needed to knock out one last LONG run in preps for the NYC marathon. It helped a lot not traveling or racing and simply having a normal weekend at home for once. For the first time in 6 weeks, as a matter of fact. I did a nice run around Washington DC, along Rock Creek Parkway, thru the Zoo, down Conn Ave, by the White House, along K St, along the Mall, and back on the Mt Vernon path in Virginia. About 17-18 miles in all. Was a little tired at the end, but it gave me a lot more confidence for NYC. NYC will be a marathon-for-fun, but it'll give me a head start for winter Ironman training.
1 comment:
Look at those hot beyotches!
Post a Comment