Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm in for Ironman USA (Lake Placid) 2008

This past weekend was the Ironman in Lake Placid. Alisa did absolutely amazing! Several of us rode the bike course (1 loop) on Saturday. Riding the course brought back many memories from one year ago, both good and bad. Overall, I had a fantastic ride. After debating the last several weeks, I elected to commit to training and racing for next year's Ironman. It looks as though I will have an amazing group of people to train with. There are many reasons for electing to go about it again, but the bottom line is I'm doing it for myself.
Registration in person was bright and early Monday morning. After hitting the sack post-race Sunday night (well, really early Monday morning) at 1am, I drove over to the registration line with Chris and Stacy, arriving in line at about 5:45 am. As it was, we were about 50th in line. Here's several pictures from registration, including a pic of Ed cooking breakfast for us. Yeah!








No comments: