Ahhh... the AngelZ.... (we have the "Z" at the end to tribute to Team Z).... This picture is of most of us as we prep our Ironman AngelZ for their 120 mile bike ride and modeling off our jerseys!
The AngelZ started last year in preps for Ironman USA. Siri, Helen, Jessica, and Alex all routinely rode the long rides together and dubbed themselves Charlie's Angels, with Alex, the token male, being Charlie. From time to time, other riders would join the Angels on their missions. EB became an official Angel herself. Finally, after a long and tiring season in preps for the Ironman, I finally rode with Charlie's Angels on my 120 mile ride. Our ride started out on Skyline Drive (see Sky-Mass post from last season) and I heard them singing as we climbed the road to Dickey's Ridge. I spent the remainder of the long ride with them and wondered why I hadn't ridden with them earlier! They sing and dance (yes, it is possible to dance on a bike). After spending countless hours on a bicycle, riding with the AngelZ makes it so much more fun! Besides, when else is a good time to catch up with the girls on all the gossip around town? We surely don't have the time and energy to stay up into the wee hours chatting on the phone! So, we multitask as we ride our bikes.
We all stop and wait for another during those necessary potty breaks (and have had some serious bonding doing so), talk of roadkill, muse on upcoming weddings (both Helen and Jess are getting married), and offer each other advise.
And of course there's initiation! I'll leave out the gruesome details.
Lastly, we are always the LAST ones to finish off a ride. (Ok, there have been rare occasions where someone else has had a bad day and we weren't quite last, but as a rule of thumb, we're last.) Maybe we're just more disciplined in riding in our target heart rate zone than everyone else?
2 comments:
Chuckus totally blends right in. It took me a second before I realized that was him.
who ever finishes after us?
Post a Comment