The peak is here. Over Memorial Day, the Team headed up to Lake Placid for a training weekend. Although the knees were bothering me a bit, and I had to take it a little easy, I still managed to run 5 miles and bike 86 miles, allowing me to get a good feel for the course. I cannot imagine a more beautiful Ironman course. Being up there, and hanging with my Team, made me all the more excited for come July 23rd.
This weekend is my 4th 1/2 Ironman: the Eagleman 70.3. It's on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. It'll be a training day, really. Just a long training day. It'll give us an opportunity to "practice" for Ironman. Me? I need to practice discipline. All too often during a race I get some sort of competitive mindset, and usually that results in bonking. Not fun.
Race updates should be available on www.ironmanlive.com (although the link for Eagleman is not there yet). Check me out this coming Sunday.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment