Sunday, August 10, 2008

Skyline & Wine

I'm getting back into the groove after Ironman. I elected to join a gym and look to dabble into other activities that have been put on hold for a while. I went hiking at Great Falls a couple weekends ago. Today, Carol and I decided to go out and ride Skyline Drive and stop for lunch and wine afterwards at Chrysalis.

Because the weather was uncooperative for every visit we had made to Skyline Drive thus far this year, we were glad that the weather was just about perfect to ride it today. We went to the top of Hogsback and back, about 40 miles in all.
After our ride, I decided to introduce Carol to the Chrysalis Winery. Did a wine tasting, grilled up some chicken and veggies, and enjoyed some wine with our lunch.
Next weekend I get to introduce Carol to what's off Skyline Drive. In other words, we'll venture on one of the many hiking trails in the park. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Chris Wren said...

Glad to see you're back in action on the bike and the blog. I hope your health issues are coming along OK.