| Ok. Well, been terribly busy between the day job, the Navy job, and training itself that unfortunately my blogging has been neglected. But now that I'm into the peak of my training, it's only appropriate to drop a little line. Training has been going well, although April suffered a little as I was gone for over 2 weeks on my annual military training. I was able to stay a bit in shape throughout, running and biking on the stationary bike. However, those and not swimming showed. I'm back in action, but this coming weekend's workouts will really be telling. This Saturday I have a 100-mile bike ride followed by the Columbia Triathlon (1 mile swim, 40K bike, 10K run) on Sunday. All along it felt like the Ironman was eons away and now I cannot believe it's just over two months away. Wow. Columbia will be my first triathlon of the season. I rode the course yesterday. (It's about an hour away from here, in Maryland.) It has a few challenging hills, nothing too bad, although I may come to hate it after knocking out the 100-mile ride the day before. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheer for me from afar. Until then... |
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Yes, yes, yes, overdue for a post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment